Sunday, May 15, 2011

A big "merci" to my readers!

I checked my blog stats today, not because I am obsessed with having a popular blog, but to see what everyone is mostly interested in so I can keep delivering the goods. I thought my readers might be interested as well.

Firstly thank you to my American readers, but also thank you to my readers in France, Singapore, Denmark, Germany, and the UK! I can't believe that people in Singapore are reading my blog. Despite the connectivity of the Internet, it still seems impossible somehow.

Secondly thank you to Google. One of the reasons why I chose a Blogger account over the other blogging platforms is because Google does a lot of SEO (search engine optimisation) for you. If you're considering a blog I think it's a good idea to get started on Blogger for this reason. For example I discovered if I looked up "femme flâneuse" through Google's search engine, my blog and a few of my entries were the first 4 links.

Now I also, because I am also a big, big geek, have to give a shout out to my readers who use Linux. Granted I'm not such a big geek anymore that I could do much on a Linux operating system (yes I have been corrupted by Windows), it does warm my heart to know that at least amongst my readers that Linux is still your operating system of choice. It would probably still be mine if I hadn't treated my ThinkPad so poorly. Considering my ThinkPad was made by IBM I have probably dated myself, but c'est la vie!

Some of my traffic has to be from my recent application to be a contributor for some other blogs, but it's nice to see that the blogosphere is still a give and take community. By this I mean, I read blogs and I comment on blogs. Sometimes people who read the same blogs read my comments and click to read my blog. I can't recommend this enough for any beginning blogger. Take the time to read what other people are putting out into the blogosphere and maybe some of that comes back to you. Let's call it blarma. We could call it blogkarma but it would be too obvious. Since neither are particularly clever, let's just drop the subject entirely.

It seems my readers really like book recommendations and Henry Miller, so in that case I will keep that bit up. I imported my old blog yesterday that has lots of lists of books I've bought for my library and recommendations so be sure to check my archives from 2008. You also seem to like recipes, so I will happily supply those as well. The only reason why I haven't posted so many recipes yet is because I happen to own a Sony digital camera with a proprietary memory stick that doesn't fit into my new computer, so once I get the proper adapter I will take lots of unprofessional but well meaning photos of what I cook. Just please keep in mind I cook better than I take photographs.

Thank you again . I just made some edible but not as good baked fried chicken and needed a little boost!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...